I really have a great excuse of how my busy schedule got away from me and that is a trip to Utah to a mini Barton Reunion! My sisters take a yearly trip in February to visit our parents at home in St. George and this year they set out to get the 6 Barton kids all together to catch up after many years. Kendyl and I hopped the plane with my sisters and Kim's two kids and what a wonderful time we had catching up on everyone's lives and to see how the Arizona cousins had grown. It was great to see everyone again and now Kendyl will have some memories of her own about the Barton family, since the last time we did this was when she was only 2.

Well let's do a little catch up on what is going on here in Texas --
Kendyl's return home from Utah has been filled with the excitement of making next years cheerleading squad, she went in yesterday to be fitted for her uniform, man is this girl tiny! Her school had a dance last Friday and had her and I out for 3 hours of shopping trying to find her a dress since it was a 'Red Carpet Affair' theme...uggg...i had her in tears several times of course. But finally we found the perfect outfit that lit up her eyes and gave us both that warm fuzzy feeling that this was the one. THANK GOODNESS, because serviously one minute more or another trip into the dressing room, you would have been reading about teh bomb that took out the middle school the night before the dance.
Nic suffered a Xbox melt down while we were in Utah and would text us all day long with his agony. He had to send it off in a coffin to be evaluated for repair...it has been nice to see him hanging out with the family again. But good news the company apologized for the manufacturing mishpa and a new box arrived at the house yesterday, and Nic is back to chattering into his headphones and hanging with his friends through the TV. Thank goodness it played out like it did because next week is Spring Break and that would have been the longest week for him without his girl.
Riehle is busy, busy, busy as usual. He seems to be loving life, "know on wood". I wish I could borrow just a piece of his go get em' attitude. And by golly I have got to get this kid to stop long enough to get a picture, he has been working out, tanning, and seriously is at the top of his game. He is toying with the idea of getting his insurance license and joining the family business.
Rand has finally listened to all the signs that have been pointing him back to rejoining the Aflac family as a District Sales Coordinator. He has also joined the new Lonestar Ducks Region and I think we might have found his smile again...he has been a whole different person this week being back around the hustle and bustle of other people! That has been a big missing factor in his past two years of working out on his own in the insurance world. He needs people...he IS a people person! And I think this week has reminded him that even though it is a stressful position it is worth that kind of stress to get out into the world more. I am excited for him, and I am crossing my fingers it all goes well.
As for me, like I said I am just sprinting along with the life of this family trying to keep up with it all. When we returned from Utah I hit the ground running with catching up with work duties, home duties, and even a school newsletter deadline. I have got to find time to get back in the gym starting this week to build back up my energy level. Life is good here with the Simkins Crew and hope all is good for you and yours. Well this might just catch us all back up to today.

No comments:
Post a Comment