
DeAnna is now a Lonestar Duck...What a week it has been.
Monday - I spent getting all my ducks in a row around the house since I knew it was about to be neglected with me being off to the office all day.
Tuesday - off to the office for a full day of learning and testing my abilities, to find out I am a little rusty but still got skills. Arrive home to family glares & questions of wonder whether I survived or not. Then a realization that my other job calls -- I have taxi duty shuttling Kendyl and friend back and forth to Activity Girls, a PTA Board Mtg., and a couple of loads of wash cause Nic needed levis he forgot to bring down for me Monday!
Wednesday - Nic wakes up looking like death and needs to stay home from school. (great my first test for self made mommy guilt) Day 2 at office: was able to navigate my computer with a little more ease, things are looking a little more familiar to what I use to do as an Admin 2 years ago. (so much is now computerized, no more old school) I come home a little more bogged down in the brain, good to see Nic survived, rush around the house trying to keep up.
Thursday - Nic still not good takes another sick day (I forgot to call the school...uggg! Should have made a sticky note reminder) Day 3 at office: recruit meetings, phone gets to ringing alot today, I am multi tasking so fast my head spins and I have to come to a screeching halt and gather myself for a moment. (boy do I miss my younger brain that could handle this much) I end my work day feeling satisfied that I accomplished a good days work. Home brings a little more peace as everyone still seems happy and flowing along with ease.
Friday - Everyone is upright and off to school & work...(I even remembered to write a note for Nic to be excused from schoo) Day 4 at office: we contract two new agents to our Region and I get to test the most important part to my job of setting these new recruits up with proper paperwork and track them to success with Aflac. LOVE IT! I just earned my first brownie points of success!! I even show up at the State Office for my training a little more prepared because I already walked through the process twice that morning. Yes, I am a little impressed with my ole' self. Arrive home to finally hit overload at all the things I need to get on top off...quickly start switching hats from laundry lady-accountant-maid-cook-confidence counselor- support cheerleader-rock band audience-homework checker-and finally couch potato!! I MADE IT!!! Week One complete.
WHAT A GREAT WEEK! Rand pitched in and helped around the house like a super supportive hubby, he listened to my many rambling stories of my work adventures without glazing over eyes to often. Hardly saw my Riehle since he sleeps late and I go to bed early, and he is so busy these days, we finally met up on Friday and he gave me a big ole' bear hug so I guess he kind of missed me. Nic is still on the mend and survived his days of being tended by his dad on his sick bed as Rand would come and go trying to work. Kendyl, who I worried the most about, didn't blink an eye, she just flowed through the week without a hitch. Sad to say it must have all been in my head that this family still needed this mom around full time to keep them all happy. Glad to say that right now I am loving this new adventure in life that is all about me for the moment, and I am thrilled that I can actually do it!! Had a lot of self doubt going into this...can't wait until a few weeks go by and I can come back and reread this post and smile of how I finally have life organized and flowing

You are my hero! I don't know how you do it. When I am gone for the day, I have so much to do that night or the next day. At times I do look forward to when I can be out of the house more - but it will be many years before I feel that I can leave Carson!
ReplyDelete