Saturday, March 21, 2009
They Grow Up Too Fast
We knew it would happen someday but still don't think I am ready! Riehle has been shopping for an apartment with his buddy Zach during their Spring Break week. They are giddy about it and fun to watch as they explore this idea of freedom and having their own place. As they tell us what they found we can't help but be the parent and go through our checklists of 'you know...' which of course gets the "I know"eye roll from the boys. Their latest plans are to make the move in May after school gets out, but who knows we could come home and find them packing up Riehle's truck at any moment because they are so excited to go. Doesn't help that last night Rand and I are watching TV and Riehle comes down with his gang of friends ready to go out for the night and he says "thanks for inviting me down for dinner." I had to sit for a minute and rethink the evening and realized he WAS up in his room tonight, I assumed he didn't come down looking for food because he usually goes out to eat with friends. Yep, I guess it is time to move out when your parents quit taking care of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is so hard to let go and have your kids move on. Jeremy/Jo are moving to Idaho in 2 weeks (BYU-I) and taking my grandbaby! Matt got married 3 weeks ago (eloped-reception in April), so he's out. Kendall moved out 1 month after turning 18 -October -(didn't like our rules) and Mikel moved out this weekend to her own apartment (she turns 21 in 2 weeks). In 5 1/2 months I have gone from 7 kids at home to 4. (6 to 4 in 3 weeks). Talk about adjustments. I cried but let them go. Good luck with your first one leaving!
ReplyDelete