Good Bye slumpy housewife...hello working mom! It's a new beginning and I am very excited...
No more waiting on calls to substitute and wondering if you are working on a day by day status. Now I get to set a regular schedule, go off to my office (that has a window with a view!) and show myself and others what I can accomplish. Beginning the first week of February I will start as the Regional Administrator for a brand new Aflac Region. Since it is a brand new Region there is all this excitement and it should be fun to watch the progress through the first year. The greatest thing about this position is I can still do my most important job of being Mom first, which was my biggest concern about going back to work. But my office is close to home and my RSC (boss) is very much a family man who stressed that as still a big priority too.
Rand and the kids have been so supportive to mom going back to work. I think they just want mom to find some purpose and do something that would help her find her smile again. So far so good...I even was able to keep Kendyl happy by finding a position that would still allow me to kiss her off to school and welcome her home in the afternoon. It is ALL GOOD!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck with the new job! Sometimes I dream of working outside the home. I know - I've been blessed to be able to stay at home all these years with my kids, but then I think how nice it would be to associate with adults. I have many years before that's ever going to happen!
ReplyDelete