
It's Nic...My gamer boy has been busy this summer growing, and growing, and growing! We got together recently with the Texas cousins and Nic could finally put everyone in check on being the tallest...his big prize, he could finally look down at his Aunt Wendy! Everyone got a good laugh at him when he threw down that the only person now to catch was his Uncle Scott...wonder if he will make it?Remember how Nic was timid to drive the Tahoe? Well because the BMW is still sitting dead in the garage Nic was forced to never drive, or get behind the wheel and master a bigger vehicle. Guess he decided freedom to live was worth conquering his nerves and I must say I love having another driver to run errands and such. It always brings a smile to my face as Nic and Kendyl skip out the door off to get a treat or rent a movie. These two kids have had a long summer being cooped up in the house while Rand and I are off at work. (this is the first summer I have worked since Riehle and Nic were toddlers). I am really proud of these two that they have tried to make the most of it and not much complaining and they haven't killed each other! :)
Nic has found his way back to the soccer ball! His buddy Felipe got him running the ball with his indoor soccer team this summer and Nic is loving it. Nic has been out and about every night with his new group of friends and sounds like they all have a love for soccer in common, the boys and the girls. I am just thrilled to see his bright smile of loving life and having FUN again. He had gone through a rough patch with his previous groupies but I must say this group is awesome. Not the stuffy status climbing wanna be's from before, but kids who are just about laughing and playing and having some FUN! It's hard to watch your child get hurt by childhood friends lose their trust in friendship and shut themselves off from the outside world. I am so thankful that things worked out the way they did and my Nic is very happy again.
Nic will be a JUNIOR in high school this year...and we laugh with him how we can't believe it! This should be a fun year to watch him grow, change, and live life as an upper classman..Time flies with these kids and we better enjoy them being around while we can right?

I love reading about and getting to know your kids - especially through their mother's eyes!Sometimes I'm not sure if it's harder on the child or the mother when the child is hurting. My heart hurts so much for them - and hurts even more when I know it is something they have to learn and grow from without my interference. You are a good mom!
ReplyDeleteHey - my Jason is going to be a junior too. He is hoping to be the tallest in our family- just has Matt to pass up (Matt's 6'1" - Jason is now and even 6'.)