So today about 5:00 pm the kids come storming in saying the neighbors just got a call from the schools saying that the school district has decided to re-open Thursday! So I check emails and sure enough this is the message... 'Due to today's recommendation from the Center for Disease Control and the Denton County Health Department, Lewisville ISD will reopen on Thursday, May 7th'.
What a disorganized mess! The kids of course are bummed, I am sure many of the parents out there are thrilled...I have mixed feelings only because I started making plans to do something with the kids on my day off Friday. Oh well we are at the mercy of the schools... The emails have already begun to fly from organizations like Kendyl's cheerleading coach trying to see if all cheerleaders will be back to school so they can resume practice on Thursday after school.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Swine flu - the next plague - then just another flu. Can they make up their minds? My kids wished their schools were ones they closed, but no such luck (for them).
ReplyDelete